Milestones for the members of our team are to be celebrated and this Hand Penned Stampin’Up! Congratulations card was the make for Ruth my lovely downline, who reached her 10 Year Anniversary with Stampin’Up! last week.
Ten years of running a craft business is a big deal and Ruth is such an inspiration. The loveliest thing happened when trying to find a local to her florist, to have some flowers delivered for Ruth. I rang and gave the lady the details of what I wanted then when mentioned Ruth’s name and address. It soon became apparent that she knew Ruth, not only that she attended some of her crochet classes. Also her mum in law was a regular of Ruth’s papercraft classes. It was such a wonderful reminder of what an important role Ruth plays in her community. She is very loved and admired by crafters near and far.
Ruth’s card was made in my signature square layout using the Fresh Freesia new In Colour recently launched. I have also added some glam with the fab Gilding Flakes, you can see I’ve used them to highlight some of the embossed areas behind the elements.
Let’s check out how this Hand Penned Stampin’Up! Congratulations card was made:
- Start with a card base in Pool Party that measures 14cmx 14cm
- Cut a Basic white layer measuring 10cm x 13cm and emboss it using the Pretty Flowers embossing folder
- Using the Tombow multi glue and a sponge ( I just used my fingertip) add a little glue to the sections of the embossed pattern and leave it dry for a few minutes. Apply the Gilding flakes then burnish well. Add this layer to your card base.
- Cut a strip of Fresh freesia designer pattern paper from the new In Colour stack, at 13cm x 3.5cm and adhere this ensuing there is an even border all the way around. Your patterned paper should lay slightly over the white layer.
- Tie some Pool Party sheer ribbon around the join and tie in a bow.
- Next stamp the large flower arrangement from the Hand Penned stamp set, in black memento ink. Colour using the alcohol Blends in Pool Party, Fresh Freesia, So Saffron and Old Olive. I love how effortless colouring is with these markers so easy and quick. Once coloured fussy cut the entire arrangement out and position using dimensionals.
- The large die cut numbers belong to a set we used to carry but sadly is discontinued. A reminder to us all that when you find something you think would be useful forever in the catalogue BUY IT, do not wait until is gone. Those numbers and letters are highly sought after, and fetch a pretty penny on the second hand market.
- After die cutting the numbers in Fresh Freesia designer paper stamp and cut the sentiment and layer it over the numbers. Finch off with a few opal rounds embellishments and a few In Colour jewels.
And there we are this was Ruth’s special card to celebrate her and all her hard work over the years.
I want to thank you for visiting today and wish you a fabulous week <3
Below are all the Stampin’ Up!® products I used today. You can purchase them directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up!® online shop in the UK.
Don’t forget to add this month’s Host Code to your order. You will receive a free gift from me, sent directly to your address when you use this code.
Learn more about the Host Code gifts here.
Thank you for shopping with me! 🙂
Don’t want to order online?
You can order over the phone if you prefer! I would be more than happy to take your orders over the phone on (01405) 862902. Please leave a message if I am not answering straight away. I will endeavour to get back to you on the same day.
Would you like a paper copy of the catalogue?
If you are an existing customer of mine who ordered within the last six months, I will automatically send copies of the new catalogues to your address on file. If you are a new customer and would love a copy sent to you, please make your request here.
I am not in the UK, can I still order Stampin’ Up!® products?
At the present time, I can only deliver Stampin’ Up!® products to the UK, Germany, France, Austria, and the Netherlands. If you need any further help please contact me here.
Have you got a big Stampin’ Up!® wish list? Why don’t you Join and Save on every single future purchase? You can learn more about the joining offer here or you can Choose your Starter Kit here.