The Brushed Blooms bundle made another appearance for my friend’s Birthday this week. I love this set so much. It is quite romantic but that suits me just fine. I am yet to meet anyone that doesn’t appreciate the beauty of roses.
And jut look at the detail in those gorgeous blooms !!! *all the heart eyes*. This is the bundle I have chosen for our first Stampalong taking place on the 15 of April. You can still sign up for it, if you would like to take this live class taught by myself. You can check out this post for more details and how to register your spot.
Let’s look at how this Brushed Blooms Special project was made:
- I started with a square card base measuring 14cm x 14cm. I love this card size and thinking about it, its my signature size for special cards.
- Next you will need a Basic White layer measuring 12cm x 13cm which will need embossing. I have used the amazing Painted Texture 3D Embossing folder. Incidentally if you have shopped with me in February you will have received one of these folders as a thank you from myself. ( Learn more here). It’s just divine for backgrounds.
- For the pretty vellum scalloped edge I have cut one of the square doilies into thin sections and glued along the edge. I am a little cross with myself as I started lining them up better, than in the gluing process I forgot to check if they are lined up properly so they look a little messy. You are going to pay more attention when you make yours !!! LOL
- Stamping the roses from the Brushed Blooms set is the next step and I have use Daffodil Delight ink. For the lemon coloured one I inked once, then stamped three times. Each time you will produce a softer lighter image.
- Cut all three layers using the matching dies, then layer on top of the larger rose using a little glue or some glue dots for a little dimension.
- For the other two roses I stamped in the same way, but I have used a sponge dauber and Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight ink, to sponge on top of the stamped roses and the layers. If you look closely I have reversed the colours. On one of them the middle layer was inked in Calypso and the top in Daffodil yellow and for the other I did the reverse. This way I was able to get three different coloured roses for my bouquet. So much fun creating different combinations and the die cut layers really give so much depth to these blooms.
- I stamped the leaves and sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink onto Crumb Cake card to link the card base colour further. Think about doing this when you have a white layer. Green leaves onto white cardstock would have been lovely and absolutely fine. I feel however, that by stamping them onto Crumb Cake it really elevated the look of the card, as well as providing more contrast. Looks a little more sophisticated as well.
- A length of Bumble Bee gingham ribbon, tied in a bow, picked up the colour of the roses beautifully and a few Opal rounds embellishments finished off my card.
Love this Bundle?? Sign up for my live Stamp Along
Have you fallen in love with this beautiful Bundle? it is not too late to join my live StampAlong on the 15 of April. All the details can be found HERE, I look forward meeting with you for a fun filled day of stamping and being together.
Thank you for visiting me today and don’t forget to pin these images to your Pinterest board for future inspiration 🙂
Here’s the list of products used in this project:
Below are all the Stampin’ Up!® products I used today. You can purchase them directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up!® online shop in the UK.
Don’t forget to add this month’s Host Code to your order. You will receive a free gift from me, sent directly to your address when you use this code.
Learn more about the Host Code gifts here.
Thank you for shopping with me! 🙂
Don’t want to order online?
You can order over the phone if you prefer! I would be more than happy to take your orders over the phone on (01405) 862902. Please leave a message if I am not answering straight away. I will endeavour to get back to you on the same day.
Would you like a paper copy of the catalogue?
If you are an existing customer of mine who ordered within the last six months, I will automatically send copies of the new catalogues to your address on file. If you are a new customer and would love a copy sent to you, please make your request here.
I am not in the UK, can I still order Stampin’ Up!® products?
At the present time, I can only deliver Stampin’ Up!® products to the UK, Germany, France, Austria, and the Netherlands. If you need any further help please contact me here.
Have you got a big Stampin’ Up!® wish list? Why don’t you Join and Save on every single future purchase? You can learn more about the joining offer here or you can Choose your Starter Kit here.