Hi there, it’s an INSPIRING IRIS day, here on the blog today. This set was brand new so I wanted to show it some love and design some Spring like cards with it.
Same Inspiring Iris cards but different? Can you spot the difference ?
I am always pleasantly surprised what a difference the placement of elements on a project can actually make.
As I was making a few of the cards I thought I would post them here side by side for you to see for yourself.
Do you have a favourite ? I think mine is the on on the right, it just seems to fit better. My instinct was to place the sentiment like shown on the left. So have a play next time to find that sweet spot.
Let’s look at how to make these soft feminine Spring like cards :
- Begin with a UK standard A5 card base in Crumb Cake
- Next cut a layer of Vellum Cardstock that measures 9.5cm x 14cm and adhere it to the base using Multi purpose glue. Make sure to add it to the middle only so it will not show through as you place your other layer.
- Next cut yourself a layer from basic white card measuring 6.5cm x 9.5cm and a scalloped rectangle using the Stitched so Sweetly dies.
- Choose a selection of flowers from your set and a few inks and stamp the closely together starting with the biggest bloom in the centre and building around and outwards.
- I’ve used the following ink pad colours: Flirty Flamingo for the big flower, Petal Pink for the longer blooms, Seaside Spray for the little forget me nots with some So Saffron for the centres and Granny Apple Green for the leaves.
- A simply wrap of linen thread tied in a bow, a few sparkling rhinestones and a stamp sentiment finished off this pretty card nicely.
I hope you enjoyed these soft and pretty cards today, don’t forget to Pin them to your boards for future inspiration. As always thank you so much for your visit and I hope you will enjoy a wonderful weekend 🙂
Lots of love your way
Here’s the list of all th products used today:Product List
Don’t want to order online?
You can order over the phone if you prefer! I would be more than happy to take your orders over the phone on (01405) 862902. Please leave a message if I am not answering straight away. I will endeavour to get back to you on the same day.
Would you like a paper copy of the catalogue?
If you are an existing customer of mine who ordered within the last six months, I will automatically send copies of the new catalogues to your address on file. If you are a new customer and would love a copy sent to you, please make your request here.
I am not in the UK, can I still order Stampin’ Up!® products?
At the present time, I can only deliver Stampin’ Up!® products to the UK, Germany, France, Austria, and the Netherlands. If you need any further help please contact me here.
Have you got a big Stampin’ Up!® wish list? Why don’t you Join and Save on every single future purchase? You can learn more about the joining offer here or you can Choose your Starter Kit here.