Sweet Strawberry from Stampin’ Up! is todays offering, in the shape of this bright and cheery card.
And somebody please save me, from constantly using the Alcohol Blends. It seems I am on a right colouring path recently.
Let’s check out this Sweet Strawberry from Stampin’ Up! project :
Aren’t those strawberries looking good enough to eat? Red is my favourite colour, so I chose to work with the strawberry red with yellow pips paper that comes FREE in the Berry Blessing Bundle . You can read more about earning free product with a purchase this month, here.
Colours Used and How To :
- The Card base colour is Real Red, and it’s a UK standard size
- The Red designer paper layer measures 9cm x 14cm
- The scalloped shape, green designer paper square was cut with the largest scallop die from the Layering Square Dies.
- Then a Basic White square layer measuring 7cm x 7cm was adhered on top the scalloped layer.
- To create those yummy strawberries, first they wee stamped in real red ink on Basic White card then cut out with the matching dies. I went ahead and coloured them using the following blends, Flirty Flamingo, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler. Note how I coloured the whole of the strawberry with the red blends leaving no white border. This trick really elevated the look of my strawbs.
- Next I stamped the leaves and blossoms in Memento Ink on Basic White. Coloured them using Granny Apple Green and a touch of Flirty Flamingo Pink. Then they were fussy cut out. If you look careful you will noticed that I have used my Pool Party Light Blend marker to colour around the branch and the leaves.
- To create the scalloped border along the edge of the card you will have to cut one more scalloped square of designer paper. I am showing you how to cut it effectively so that you can recreate it yourself in the next image below.
As you can see I cut a border from either side of the square then adhered them to the edge of my layer to create a scalloped edge.
And here’s a look at the closer details :
Can you see the wonderful tendrils? I love them, and I love how they offer so much detail to this sweet project. You can create this look yourself, using a green marker to colour some linen thread in. Do this before you are tying into a bow and curling the ends around a pencil while the thread is still wet. This little detail has made such a big difference to my finished project. Special looking cards are all about those subtle details that elevate your projects.
What do you think? Are you liking the look of this sweet card? I want to thank you for joining me today and would love to hear from you if you have any questions. You can do so by leaving me a comment below, I love to hear from you.
Also don’t forget to pin the photos in this post so you can refer to them later, there is nothing more annoying that seeing a good tip, then 2 weeks later not being to find it again. Ask me how I know ?? *smile*
Below are all the Stampin’ Up!® products I used today. You can purchase them directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up!® online shop in the UK.
Don’t forget to add this month’s Host Code to your order. You will receive a free gift from me, sent directly to your address when you use this code.
Learn more about the Host Code gifts here.
Thank you for shopping with me! 🙂
Don’t want to order online?
You can order over the phone if you prefer! I would be more than happy to take your orders over the phone on (01405) 862902. Please leave a message if I am not answering straight away. I will endeavour to get back to you on the same day.
Would you like a paper copy of the catalogue?
If you are an existing customer of mine who ordered within the last six months, I will automatically send copies of the new catalogues to your address on file. If you are a new customer and would love a copy sent to you, please make your request here.
I am not in the UK, can I still order Stampin’ Up!® products?
At the present time, I can only deliver Stampin’ Up!® products to the UK, Germany, France, Austria, and the Netherlands. If you need any further help please contact me here.
Have you got a big Stampin’ Up!® wish list? Why don’t you Join and Save on every single future purchase? You can learn more about the joining offer here or you can Choose your Starter Kit here.