How cute are these Hot Dog stamps from Stampin’ Up! ? I recently had a play and came up with a few Valentine Cards, so this is what I am sharing with you today. Because let me tell you, its’ not that long until we will need them. I usually scramble the night before to have something ready for hubby.
Ahhhh, isn’t this so much cuteness ??
Let’s look at the Products and Colours I have used :
- Crumb Cake Cardstock for the base and the Playful Alphabet Letters
- Whisper White Cardstock for the scalloped panel
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock for the Hot Dog stamps from Stampin’ Up!
- Soft Suede Blends for colouring the doggie.
- The red and pink heart panel comes from the Snail Mail Designer Paper Pack.
- All these soft colours were grounded with a length of Denim Ribbon . Do not be scared to add an extra accent colour, even though it is not repeated. On this card the dark navy still relates to the black ink on the sentiment.
- A few Red accents of Resin Hearts Embellishments to finishes it off nicely, and the red relates to the designer paper.
A quick HOW TO :
I started by backing some Crumb Cake cardstock with the brilliant Adhesive Sheets. I did this so that after I cut my letters, it was an easy peasy job to stick them to my card. Let me tell you, if you haven’t seen or invested in these yet, YOU MUST. They make life so much easier… but equally, any glue would work just as well, albeit a bit more messy.
The white panel was die cut, using the largest scalloped rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly set of dies.
Before I cut it out, I laid a strip of the designer paper on top of my white card and cut them both at the same time. As a result of doing this, the paper strip will have perfect scalloped and stitched edges too.
Because of the size of my panel, I haven’t had the need to cut lots of letters to go behind. So I focused on the outside only. Scrapbookers have a saying, if you don’t see it, it is not there. *smile*
And then it was time for my focal point. One of the cute sausage Hot Dog stamps from Stampin’ Up!, was stamped in Memento Black ink and onto Cinnamon Cider card.
This was the perfect dachshund colour, but because I wanted to add some more depth and shading, I went a bit further and I have added the Soft Suede Blends. These alcohol markers are a joy to use and work just as well on coloured card, as they do on white.
And I use them a lot in my crafting, because they are just so easy to use and they give fabulous results each time.
So, what do you think ? Cute ?
I want to thank you for visiting me today and if there’s anything craft related I could help you with, let me know 🙂
You can purchase any on the products used on today’s project in My Online Shop.
If you are unsure how to order This Page might help you