hello everyone how was your long weekend? (providing you had an extra day off )
we like millions others no doubt, spent it clearing out excess stuff we accumulated and I made a dent into the mountain of soft furnishings projects I had outstanding. But before I show you what I was busy with here’s a lovely little project I made with the new Twitterpated Suite. I love this suite its just delicious and feminine without being to sickly. One of my other fave things is the Tea Shoppe stamp set, I was secretly hoping that we would get it in our catalogue.
And inspired by so many other examples out there I have designed my own Tea Caddy.
Isn’t it sweet? and my tea bags are matching because I planned my scheme around them LOL.
The papers are lush, lots of fabby patterns and the colours are really great.
I topped the lid with a full fabric bloom cut on the Big Shot machine with one of the Stampin’Up! dies called Fun Flowers. The scrunched up layers are held together with a cute jelly brad.
Gorgeous pleated satin ribbon adorns the front of the caddy along with the stamped label from the stamp set.
The box was so easy to make with the aid of the new Simply Scored board, it took me longer to decide which side of the pretty papers to use .
You have been asking me about the Retreat and I am hoping to have the full details finalized tomorrow, for now book it into your calendars and get EXCITED!! its going to be great and I cannot wait.
Ok so here’s something else creative that I have been working on. On Friday I have finished up the roman blind and pelmet for our bedroom, that is coming along nicely, I am just waiting to find all those accessories that will pull the room together then I will share.
So while the sewing machine was out I started onto our kitchen pelmets. This is what the old ones used to look like.
I bought some gray linen in Ikea a while ago with the view that I would make some loose covers for our chocolate brown seek of seeing them chairs. So I dipped into that yardage, grabbed some stencils I purchased with the view of stencilling the said loose covers and set to work. A few hours later I ended up with this!!!
I am beyond delighted with them, and total cost £14 for the linen, I had the paint and I used the bukram and bobble trim for the old ones, i even used the same velcro. Now I didn’t use fabric paint for the pelmets but plain old emulsion that I mixed myself to match the old bobble trim and the gray is the same shade as our bedroom feature wall. I won’t wash these I will simply replace them when they get tatty or worn, they take half an hour to whip up (if you don’t decide to design and print your own fabric) so really I didnt see the need, I will use fabric paint for sure for the loose chair covers.
I have also mixed some gold and silver acrylic paint to create a softer more mellow metallic and dry brushed this across the pelmet for a bit of sparkle and some extra interest, it gave me the same effect as inking the edges on a piece of card .
And here’s a snippet of them both, the two vases below were the starting point for this room and I am currently working on the feature wall. In January I have purchased a French Oak Provincial dining table that I spruced up so hopefully it will start to come together soon.
I hope you like, thank you for stopping by and see you soon.
ps. I have purchased the stencils HERE she has a fabulous selection. Till next time big hugs xxx